Pictures of Alaska. Photos with Alaska. Images of Alaska

RSS Feed for Alaska
What is RSS?

West Buttress Route, Denali, Mt McKinley, Alaska.  The Alaksa Range in Alaska is a large range of mountains. The mountain climbers in the Alakska Range begin to have a sense of how much climbing there is in the range. The problem with climbing in the Alaska range is that there is so much climbing there that it can be very difficult for a mountaineer or a climber to decide where to climb. This is why aerial photography of the Alaska range has been an important tool for climbers in the Alaska Range. Mountains like Denali, Mount Hunter, Mount Foraker were initially climbed using aerial photographs of the mountains. The aerial photographs of the Alaska range have proven to be invaluable to mountaineers planning on climbing in the Alaska Range. Using aerial photographs mountaineers in the Alaska Range have been able to pick out new routes on Denali, Foraker, Mount Hunter and many other peaks. This website contains a large collection of aerial photography of the Alaska range which climbers can use when planning a climb in the Alaska range. The West Buttress route on Denali, for example, can be clearly seen in many of the aerial photographs of Denali on this website. The West Buttress of Denali is a long route, relatively moderate in difficulty. Though teams need to be prepared for the challenges of climbing such a difficult route such as the West Buttress of Denali, the West Buttress can clearly be seen in aerial photographs of Denali and the West Buttress. Using aerial photography climbers of the West Buttress are in a better position to inform and prepare themselves for what is a difficult climb on Denali. Climbing Denali is difficult. Aerial photographs of Denali can assist a climber in preparation for the climb.
The Alaksa Range in Alaska is a large range of mountains. The mountain climbers in the Alakska Range begin to have a sense of how much climbing there is in the range. The problem with climbing in the Alaska range is that there is so much climbing there that it can be very difficult for a mountaineer or a climber to decide where to climb. This is why aerial photography of the Alaska range has been an important tool for climbers in the Alaska Range. Mountains like Denali, Mount Hunter, Mount Foraker were initially climbed using aerial photographs of the mountains. The aerial photographs of the Alaska range have proven to be invaluable to mountaineers planning on climbing in the Alaska Range. Using aerial photographs mountaineers in the Alaska Range have been able to pick out new routes on Denali, Foraker, Mount Hunter and many other peaks. This website contains a large collection of aerial photography of the Alaska range which climbers can use when planning a climb in the Alaska range. The West Buttress route on Denali, for example, can be clearly seen in many of the aerial photographs of Denali on this website. The West Buttress of Denali is a long route, relatively moderate in difficulty. Though teams need to be prepared for the challenges of climbing such a difficult route such as the West Buttress of Denali, the West Buttress can clearly be seen in aerial photographs of Denali and the West Buttress. Using aerial photography climbers of the West Buttress are in a better position to inform and prepare themselves for what is a difficult climb on Denali. Climbing Denali is difficult. Aerial photographs of Denali can assist a climber in preparation for the climb.
Upper Windy Creek Patrol Cabin, Denali National Park From the Park Service
“The upper Windy Creek Patrol Cabin was completed on June 30, 1931. “Two old Swedes”, contracted carpenters for the National Park Service, built this cabin. The “Two old Swedes” built several cabins in the park including Sushana, Lower Savage, Lower Toklat, Riley Creek, Lower Windy and Moose Creek. Although there is little known history about the “two old Swedes”, they were certainly excellent craftsmen.
In 1929, Superintendent Harry Lick determined that boundary patrol cabins were essential. Prior to using cabins, rangers on winter patrol hauled heavy canvas tents and wood burning stoves with them on their sleds. The use of cabins not only reduced sled weight, it allowed more time to be spent on the trail. In March of 1931, Chief Ranger Lou Corbley and Ranger Grant Pearson cut the logs for this cabin on site and freighted other materials in by dog team from the railway in Cantwell. One of four cabins built in 1931, this cabin was built on the original boundary of the original Mt McKinley National Park to provide Rangers with shelter in their efforts illegal hunting and trapping within the park. The nine patrol cabins that were built between 1930 and 1935 replaced many older cabins that were falling into disrepair. They provided shelter at intervals of a day
From the Park Service “The upper Windy Creek Patrol Cabin was completed on June 30, 1931. “Two old Swedes”, contracted carpenters for the National Park Service, built this cabin. The “Two old Swedes” built several cabins in the park including Sushana, Lower Savage, Lower Toklat, Riley Creek, Lower Windy and Moose Creek. Although there is little known history about the “two old Swedes”, they were certainly excellent craftsmen. In 1929, Superintendent Harry Lick determined that boundary patrol cabins were essential. Prior to using cabins, rangers on winter patrol hauled heavy canvas tents and wood burning stoves with them on their sleds. The use of cabins not only reduced sled weight, it allowed more time to be spent on the trail. In March of 1931, Chief Ranger Lou Corbley and Ranger Grant Pearson cut the logs for this cabin on site and freighted other materials in by dog team from the railway in Cantwell. One of four cabins built in 1931, this cabin was built on the original boundary of the original Mt McKinley National Park to provide Rangers with shelter in their efforts illegal hunting and trapping within the park. The nine patrol cabins that were built between 1930 and 1935 replaced many older cabins that were falling into disrepair. They provided shelter at intervals of a day's dog mush apart. The cabin replaced an older ranger-built cabin, erected in 1926, which essentially caved in. Today, the cabin remains historically significant because it is in its original location, has few exterior alterations, exhibits local rustic building techniques, and retains its original function. Rangers continue to use the cabin in winter during extended dog sled patrols and in the summer during backcountry patrols. Te cabin was built of peeled round spruce logs with round saddle notches displaying excellent craftsmanship. The 12' x 14' single story, single room cabin in 10'8” from floor to ridgepole. The chinking (between-log insulation) was done with sawed wood strips and over oakum. The roof was built of peeled poles covered with sod and corrugated steel. The windows appear to be original. In 1959 a section of the roof was replaced. In 1977, the collapsing root cellar was filled. The floor joists were replaced creosote stock and the floor boards were replaced with ¾' plywood.”
Upper Windy Creek Patrol Cabin, Denali National Park From the Park Service
“The upper Windy Creek Patrol Cabin was completed on June 30, 1931. “Two old Swedes”, contracted carpenters for the National Park Service, built this cabin. The “Two old Swedes” built several cabins in the park including Sushana, Lower Savage, Lower Toklat, Riley Creek, Lower Windy and Moose Creek. Although there is little known history about the “two old Swedes”, they were certainly excellent craftsmen.
In 1929, Superintendent Harry Lick determined that boundary patrol cabins were essential. Prior to using cabins, rangers on winter patrol hauled heavy canvas tents and wood burning stoves with them on their sleds. The use of cabins not only reduced sled weight, it allowed more time to be spent on the trail. In March of 1931, Chief Ranger Lou Corbley and Ranger Grant Pearson cut the logs for this cabin on site and freighted other materials in by dog team from the railway in Cantwell. One of four cabins built in 1931, this cabin was built on the original boundary of the original Mt McKinley National Park to provide Rangers with shelter in their efforts illegal hunting and trapping within the park. The nine patrol cabins that were built between 1930 and 1935 replaced many older cabins that were falling into disrepair. They provided shelter at intervals of a day
From the Park Service “The upper Windy Creek Patrol Cabin was completed on June 30, 1931. “Two old Swedes”, contracted carpenters for the National Park Service, built this cabin. The “Two old Swedes” built several cabins in the park including Sushana, Lower Savage, Lower Toklat, Riley Creek, Lower Windy and Moose Creek. Although there is little known history about the “two old Swedes”, they were certainly excellent craftsmen. In 1929, Superintendent Harry Lick determined that boundary patrol cabins were essential. Prior to using cabins, rangers on winter patrol hauled heavy canvas tents and wood burning stoves with them on their sleds. The use of cabins not only reduced sled weight, it allowed more time to be spent on the trail. In March of 1931, Chief Ranger Lou Corbley and Ranger Grant Pearson cut the logs for this cabin on site and freighted other materials in by dog team from the railway in Cantwell. One of four cabins built in 1931, this cabin was built on the original boundary of the original Mt McKinley National Park to provide Rangers with shelter in their efforts illegal hunting and trapping within the park. The nine patrol cabins that were built between 1930 and 1935 replaced many older cabins that were falling into disrepair. They provided shelter at intervals of a day's dog mush apart. The cabin replaced an older ranger-built cabin, erected in 1926, which essentially caved in. Today, the cabin remains historically significant because it is in its original location, has few exterior alterations, exhibits local rustic building techniques, and retains its original function. Rangers continue to use the cabin in winter during extended dog sled patrols and in the summer during backcountry patrols. Te cabin was built of peeled round spruce logs with round saddle notches displaying excellent craftsmanship. The 12' x 14' single story, single room cabin in 10'8” from floor to ridgepole. The chinking (between-log insulation) was done with sawed wood strips and over oakum. The roof was built of peeled poles covered with sod and corrugated steel. The windows appear to be original. In 1959 a section of the roof was replaced. In 1977, the collapsing root cellar was filled. The floor joists were replaced creosote stock and the floor boards were replaced with ¾' plywood.”

 

This page generated by DAMeasy (Digital Asset Management made easy)
DAMeasy package written by Jeff Pflueger
Please click for information regarding DAMeasy and digital asset management

©2010 Jeff Pflueger
photomountains.com created by Jeff Pflueger Photo Media
All images, text and html are copyrighted original works by Jeff Pflueger and are protected by United States and international copyright law. Any use of any image on this web site including, but not limited to, reproduction, duplication, copying and printing requires the explicit permission of Jeff Pflueger Photo Media.